At present, all work is undertaken by Coral Fitzgerald, Solicitor. In the unlikely event that she is not available for your court hearing (this would be discussed with you), we would instruct a Barrister or Solicitor Advocate whose work is known personally to Coral Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald Solicitors deals with all matters by way of a pre-agreed fixed fee so that the price you pay is certain. Only where the case takes some unexpected twist or turn (for example if the Crown laid a more serious charge) would the price ever alter.
For summary motoring matters our pricing structure is as follows:
(1) For a single guilty plea hearing (assuming the case finishes on the same day) the cost is a fixed fee of £500 + VAT (Total £600.00). Any adjournment - for example for the preparation of a pre-sentence report - would mean a further hearing and a further fee. This is however, an unlikely eventuality for a summary only motoring offence.
(2) For an application for Exceptional Hardship the cost is between £700 - £1000 + VAT (£840 - £1200 total). It is impossible to provide a definitive fixed fee since the work to be undertaken varies considerably from case to case. We do conduct most cases for £700 + VAT. However, there are occassional cases where considerably more work is required.
(3) For a motoring matter proceeding to trial, the cost is a fixed fee of between £2,000 - £3,000 + VAT (£2,400 - £3,600). Again, there are cases where considerably more work is required - hence the span. Again, we have conducted in excess of 90% of motoring trials for £2,000 + VAT.
(4) If you wish to run a Special Reasons argument, this is effectively a trial and as such, the fees at (3) would apply.
(5) For assistance in writing a letter of mitigation or for assistance in the early stages of your case (i.e. before there is any Court work to be undertaken) we offer a fixed fee appointment for £150 + VAT (Total £180).
PLEASE NOTE AN APPOINTMENT IS ALWAYS NEEDED. Please contact Coral Fitzgerald if you want to discuss your matter further.
131 - 133 Roman Road
Essex CM15 0UD
Fax: 01277 354501
Tel: 07790 356069 (24 Hour Emergency Number)
If you need us to call you, send a text to the Emergency Number, or mail us at
CALL US ANYTIME FOR ASSISTANCE
Or use our contact form.
Fitzgerald Solicitors is Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority Firm Number 553427.